In Trentemoller music album interview entrevista produtor musica indie electronica

Trentemoller is back!!

Trentemoller está de volta com um novo álbum: "Into The Great Wide Yonder". Aqui têm uma entrevista ao produtor, para a revista Dazed & Confused.


"One of the most respected producers of today, Trentemøller returns with his new album, ‘Into The Great Wide Yonder', the first full length since his 'The Last Resort' full length. Not only does his new album explore his usual moody and atmospheric soundscapes, showcasing his sense for epic melodies and subtle tones, but also it plays with warmer sounds and more organic elements, embarking on collaborations with Fyfe Dangerfield from Guillemots and Danish singers from Darkness Falls.

Dazed Digital: What's changed in your music since 'The Last Resort'? What's been happening?Anders Trentemøller: I played a world tour with material from 'The Last Resort' with my band, 76 concerts in one year and after that I did a mix CD called Harbour Boat Trips and soundtracks for a Danish feature film and a documentary. I have developed my music of course since it's three years since it came out and this new album ended up being more organic and warmer in sound. I did not want it to sound as electronic as my debut album, so I played a lot of the instruments on the album myself and experimented with vintage gear to get the sound that I was looking for.

All the tracks were put straight to analog tape through some tube amps and that itself gave it a more warm and saturated sound. I also recorded some synths and a Mellotron onto a crappy cheap cassette player and did several mixdowns to get this gritty, dusty 'wow- and- flutter' effect.

DD: Your track 'Sycamore Feeling' was particularly eerie, almost David Lynch-ian, what was it inspired by?
Anders Trentemøller: I am a very big fan of David lynch. The way he works with many subconscious layers in his films. I try to put layers and small details in my music too, and for this track I thought it could be great to have a vocal that could melt lt it all together in a whispering, hypnotic way. So I talked to Marie Fisker, a very talented danish singer and asked her if she would do a collabration with me. And she was very much into the instrument version of the track I already had, so she wrote a beautiful ghostly song on top of the track and that was how 'Sycamore Feeling' came up.

DD: Your music is always quite epic, do you see yourself going into film scores or visuals?
Anders Trentemøller: Yeah, I have already done some music for films here in Denmark but would love to do even more. It's a big challenge. Music is so powerful, and it's all about not overdoing it when you write for movies I think. And the contrast from working all alone, as I did with my two albums, is quite big, as you have to work with the director and editor and you are suddenly a part of a whole team. It means you also has to 'kill your darlings' and thats actually good sometimes. To be forced to do that. You have to loose a bit of the control you normally have over the music and that inspires me.

DD: I recently went out to research the Danish music scene with Kasper Bjorke etc, do you feel you are a part of any particular scene there or do you see yourself as an international artist now?
Anders Trentemøller: No, not really. I have always had a leg in both the indie scene and the electronic. But for me it's not that important to be a part of any scene/style. I actually love being somewhere in the middle and have the freedom to do just the music I feel for, rather than thinking in small boxes. "

in Dazed Digital

Related Articles

0 intense minds:

Blog Archive

Follow me