In alimentação dieta health and wellbeing meat saúde vagetariana vegetables vegetarian

My experience: 3 weeks without meat


Becoming vegetarian is a great subject nowadays. It's not difficult to find some type of persuasion to become a vegetarian in magazines, tv, yoga groups, blogs and so on. I think the trend is more and more people becoming vegetarian or choosing to eat less and less meat.

I always had some kind of attraction for vegetarian food and I would occasionally chose vegetarian menus at restaurants. I even used to cook soy at home once in a while. Some months ago I started eating meat only at dinner, because I was feeling I was eating too much meat. About a month and a half ago I decided to try some days without eating meat and that experience lasted for 3 weeks in a row. At first everything was alright. I felt fine.  But after the first week (I guess) I felt bloat and a bit uncomfortable. I guess it was because my intestine was getting used to my new diet. I felt ok the following day. That's the only bad thing I have to say about taking meat out of my diet, although I must say that having my family to accept my new diet was and is still some kind of a problem.

Nevertheless, I do eat meat once in a while (once a week, for example). I must say that I feel some differences. I feel less tired and when I don't have a good night sleep I feel less sleepy than I used to feel.

I'm not vegetarian. I don't have a strict rule in what concerns my meals. I follow my intuition and I eat what I want, which now is eating less meat and more vegetables. What about you? What do you think about this?


Hoje em dia fala-se muito na dieta vegetariana. Um pouco por todo o lado somos persuadidos a tornarmo-nos vegetarianos: em revistas, tv, grupos de yoga, blogs, etc. Na minha opinião, a tendência é para o consumo de carne ser cada vez mais reduzido um pouco por todo o mundo.

Sempre senti alguma atração pela dieta vegetariana e por vezes escolhia menus vegetarianos em alguns restaurantes. Costumava cozinhar soja em casa. Há alguns meses comecei a comer carne quase só ao jantar, porque sentia que andava a comer demasiada carne. Há cerca de um mês e meio decidi experimentar deixar de comer carne durante algum tempo. Estive cerca de 3 semanas sem comer carne. No início correu tudo bem e sentia-me bem. Aproximadamente no final da primeira semana, senti-me inchada e indisposta. Penso que era o meu intestino a adaptar-se ao meu novo tipo de alimentação. No dia seguinte sentia-me bem. É a única coisa desagradável que tenho a dizer sobre a experiência, além da dificuldade que houve e ainda há em conseguir que a minha família aceite a minha nova dieta.

De qualquer forma, como carne esporadicamente (mais ou menos uma vez por semana). A verdade é que sinto algumas diferenças. De uma forma geral, sinto-me menos cansada do que sentia depois de longos dias de trabalho e sinto-me menos ensonada (do que era costume) mesmo depois de uma noite mal dormida.

Não sou vegetariana. Não sigo regras rígidas em relação à minha alimentação. Sigo a minha intuição e como o que quero o que, atualmente, é comer muito menos carne. E vocês? O que pensam sobre este assunto?

Related Articles

0 intense minds:

Blog Archive

Follow me